Montu Motors provides reliable sourcing and importing services for Japanese (JDM) vehicles that meet the 25 year exemption rule.
- Auctions (150,000+ Cars per week)
- Dealers (Thousands of JDM Auto Dealers)
- Private Sellers
How Car Hunter Works:
- Read ALL instructions before submitting the form.
- Fill out the Car Hunter form. (Desired specs, realistic budget, and contact info)
- Wait for us to contact you. (We will request more info or supply potential vehicles for purchase)
- Be prepared to transfer $2,000 before we can send you options (*Funds go towards the purchase of the car)
- FULL payment is required prior to us purchasing the car in Japan.
If vehicle is currently 25 Years Old:
- Full Cash Payment OR
- Personal Loan (We have never seen a customer successfully finance a car in Japan with an “Auto Loan”)
If vehicle needs to be stored in Japan until it turns 25 years old:
- Cash Only
Cash from Savings
- Personal or Collateral Bank Loan
- Borrow from Family
($4,000 – $6,500 [10-30k car] From Door to Door + Vehicle Cost [$30k+ and 3500lb+ vehicles will occur additional fees])
Included in Fees:
- Sourcing & Purchasing Services.
- Pre & Post Purchase Inspections.
- Transportation & Storage Fees
- Japan Transport and Storage.
- Transport from Japan to USA (via Boat).
- Storage at Port in USA.
- Domestic Shipping to Montu Motors.
- Full Inspection & Legalization Services.
- Basic Maintenance and Courtesy Wash.
- Domestic Shipping IS AN ADDITIONAL COST.
Fees vary based on:
- Size (Cubic Meter)
- Weight (kg)
- Delicacy (Special transport requirements)
- Fill out the form for a quote.
** If you send a down payment for a vehicle and we do not win the Auction (or successfully purchase from other sources), we will hold the funds for future bids/purchases, until we find your desired car.
*** If we purchase a car you approve of, but you can not make full payment thereafter, the $2,000 deposit is held by Montu Motors. This will be used to send the car to auction and any losses we incur because of it.