How do I finance a JDM car?
Financing a JDM car is easier than you may think. Most banks won’t give an auto loan for a 25 year old vehicle; Navy Federal and USAA are a few examples of banks that do. Call your bank to find out if they can help or… the simpler solution is to follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Choose a Financing Company. (3 Options Below)
- Step 2: Apply directly through them. Tell them you’re getting pre-qualified for a Montu Motors vehicle.
- Step 3: Once approved, the Financing Company will provide next steps. Sometimes an appraisal is required.
- Step 4: Financing Company will provide minimum down payment, monthly payment, and other information.
- Step 5: Purchase your dream car!
Financing Companies & Appraisers
*Note: Woodside Credit: Minimum loan of $10,000. Requires 5 years of credit history and no bankruptcies, foreclosures or repos. 700+ FICO Required.
*Note: JJBest has no minimum loan amount. Requires a history of at least 1 auto loan.
*Note: LightStream has no minimum loan amount. Requires good credit. No auto loan history required.
*Note: Collector Car Lending is able to waive Income Verification for qualifying applicants and requires a 10% Minimum Down Payment.
Navy Federal will issue loans on classic cars, but they will require it to be a personal loan. If you have access to Navy Federal through the military, or a family member that was in the military, this is a great option for a loan.
USAA can issue loans on classic cars, however we would advise taking a different route if possible. We have had several customers go through the loan process only to get denied in the end, and the loan process can be arduous and prolonged. Don’t be fooled by an easy preapproval.
- https://classicappraisalsfla.com/ (Most popular)
Video on Financing a JDM Car: